UK

Welcome to a blog all about the UNITED KINGDOM, by a Brazilian student who goes to an American school and is passionate about Britain and its influence in Music, Comedy, Sports, and Language.

Monday, 24 August 2009

The Idea

Summmer '08 was one of the best vacations in my life. Apart from spending a month away from home in Switzerland, I got to visit for the first time a city that became my favourite one in the world - London. As soon as I set foot there, I fell in love with the place. It gave me the feeling of never wanting to leave, and I wanted that feeling forever. Spending a couple of days there was enough for me to develop a visceral connection to everything there - from the Subways to the accent. When I got home a week later, I had already decided that it doesn't matter what I'll take as a major in college or what my future will be like: I am going to University in Britain. After being there, I felt something so magical...It's like I am made for the city and it is made for me. It completes me, and I have never identified my personality with a place as I did with London and the people there. Besides being a focus in my future, the UK enchanted me so deeply that I couldn't help but research all about it. Here I'll write about pretty much everything I read and know about Britain.

1 comment:

  1. I've only gotten to spend a few days in London, but I must say that I fell in love with it, too. I'm looking forward to your posts (and I appreciate your flag-themed blog). =)

    ReplyDelete